Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday!

Today after classes 1 + 2, I bought my lunch (I euro and 25 cents for a piece of spinach mozzarella pastry) and headed back to the apartment. Classes were chill as always. We combined the advanced and beginner's Italian classes and played 20 questions :) Art and Architecture was a tad sleep-inducing as always, and I spent most of it daydreaming/fantasizing about food. Anyways. I also still have an artichoke. Apparently they are good chopped with lemon and parmesan. Hmmm sounds good.
I cleaned the apartment, dusted, and cleaned the kitchen. The roomies are cooking tonight (chicken and couscous and veggies!) so I thought I'd be nice and make the kitchen sparkelicious!

Last night we went to the "cafeteria" that the University of Catania students use. For 6 Euro 50, you get the Primo Piatto, Secondo Piatto, Contorti, a drink and fruit. You have one of three choices for each. I had "Penne Siracusa," then a funghi omelett, and a salad. And a mandarine. The portions are so tiny so it just fills you up.
Our attempts to make Italian friends failed, I think they were weirded out by our loudness. Oh well.
I also had a delicious desert after, "bianco e nero" - pretty much Windbeutel with chocolate mouse around them!

Our neighbors have the funkiest granny panties hanging off their balcony. I couldn't help but take a picture.

I was tightening the belt part of my shoes and established that they must be leather after all - I saw the leather part around the edges - and the shoes smell pretty leathery. Not that I wouldn't have liked them if they weren't.

Today is Singles Awareness Day, and all the Ladies are going to "Sale" where there is life music. And there will be Cannoli after. Hah!

I'm innamorata with Laura Biagiotti's new perfume, DONNA.
I'll buy it eventually.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It must be the air! Or the scale shows metric pounds- duh. Enjoy il bel paese.